In March 2023, Microsoft announced Microsoft 365 Copilot. Copilot will leverage the power of large language models alongside your Microsoft Graph data to reinvent productivity.
Copilot will be integrated into the Microsoft 365 apps we use every day (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Viva Engage, etc.). You’ll be able to use natural language commands to prompt Copilot (e.g., draft a 2-page proposal in Word based on the contents of this Excel spreadsheet and PowerPoint presentation). You’ll then be able to work with Copilot to refine the text, change its voice, make it more concise, etc.
Microsoft is testing Copilot in a small private preview with 20 customers today. Microsoft says they’ll be expanding the pilot, with more release details to come in the Microsoft Roadmap. Expect Copilot to be a key part of Microsoft’s announcements at upcoming conferences. It’s going to be a huge year!
MVP discussion about Copilot
Mike Maadarani, Antonio Maio, and I discuss Copilot on Episode 95 of the Microsoft 365 Voice. Key topics covered:
- How AI (Artificial Intelligence) will continue to change the way we work
- Examples of the productivity enhancements Copilot will bring to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ways in which we believe Copilot can help us manage our Teams meetings (e.g., summarizing meeting topics discussed, catching users up to speed on topics discussed if they arrive late, etc.)
- How Copilot can prompt leaders with suggested verbiage for Viva Engage posts
- A quick overview of the newly announced Microsoft Security Copilot
- Use of AI “for good” with ethical controls
Links to Microsoft Copilot articles: Introducing Microsoft 365 Copilot—A whole new way to work, Introducing Microsoft 365 Copilot – your copilot for work, Administration of Microsoft 365 in the new era of AI
Have a Microsoft 365 question? Submit it online! Your question may be featured in a future podcast episode.