We’re thrilled to welcome Mark Kashman, Senior Product Manager from Microsoft, to this episode of the Microsoft 365 Voice! Mark joined us for an extended question and answer session on Microsoft Lists.
Microsoft Lists is a new Microsoft 365 app that helps you track information (e.g. issues, inventory, assets, locations, ideas, etc.) with optimized and customized views, smart rules, and alerts. Microsoft Lists is integrated with other apps like Microsoft Teams, and will have its own mobile app later this year.
Antonio Maio, Mike Maadarani, and I had the opportunity to ask Mark Kashman a wide range of questions about Microsoft Lists, including:
- What is the timeline for rollout of Microsoft Lists?
- How do Microsoft Lists differ from SharePoint lists?
- Where are Microsoft Lists stored?
- How are Microsoft Lists integrated with Microsoft Teams?
- What are personal lists? And how are personal lists stored and secured?
- What is Mark Kashman’s favorite use for a personal list?
- Will I be able to see my SharePoint lists in Microsoft Lists?
- Can you transition a personal list to be viewable by others?
- Does Microsoft Lists come with a wider array of templates than we get with SharePoint lists?
- Can we create custom templates or organization-wide templates for Microsoft Lists?
- Do Microsoft Lists support column and row formatting?
- What types of capabilities will we have with the Microsoft Lists mobile app? And when will it release?
- Will a Microsoft Lists API be available?
For more information, check out https://aka.ms/MSLists. To see example lists, view the Lists Look Book.
Have a Microsoft 365 question? Submit it online! Your question may be featured in a future podcast episode.