In this week’s episode of the Microsoft 365 Voice, we were asked where & how companies should get started with M365. It’s far from a one-size-fits-most answer, as company needs differ widely. Drivers to get to the cloud can include:
- Need to support Work From Home during COVID
- Need to support regulatory requirements for data classification, version control, etc.
- Need to support a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy for a distributed, remote, and mobile workforce
- Need for stronger employee collaboration
- Need to move off old hardware that is too expensive to maintain/support
- Need to drive parity in software versions for all employees
- An upcoming renewal fee that requires getting off a legacy system
And many more…
We shared our experiences guiding clients through the M365 onboarding process, recommending a start in the identity and security space. From there we examined workloads across M365, sharing how we’ve seen other companies proceed. While many organizations start with email first, we also discussed rollouts of Microsoft Teams (both with and without SharePoint/OneDrive enablement), Stream, and Yammer.
We hope you enjoy the episode!
Have a Microsoft 365 question? Submit it online! Your question may be featured in a future podcast episode.