Microsoft has integrated out-of-the-box Microsoft Flow templates directly into OneDrive! With the new Request sign-off template, you can easily send your OneDrive files out to co-workers for review. You’ll be able to specify who the reviewer(s) are at the start of the workflow. You’ll be notified via email once one of the reviewers has approved the file.
Let’s walk through how the new flow template works:
- Select the file you want to route for approval.
- Go to the Flow dropdown in your menu bar and select Request sign-off.
- When the flow panel opens, click Next.
- Type in the name(s) of the people you’d like to review your document. If desired, type in a custom message for your reviewers.
- Click Run flow to execute your new workflow.
- Your reviewer(s) will receive an email notification that a document is pending their review.
- You’ll be notified via email when your file is approved or rejected.
Timing for this new feature:
This new out-of-the-box Flow template began rolling out to Office 365 tenants in December 2018.