In Episode 57 of the Microsoft 365 Voice, Antonio, Mike, and I discuss (and debate) how we use and organize our OneNote notebooks. This was an interesting conversation…and it came with clear differences in how #TeamMike, #TeamSarah, and #TeamAntonio work.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Methods for organizing OneNote notebooks:
- Using a single shared notebook for each client or project we’re engaged in
- Moving older notes to an “archive” notebook
- Using OneNote sections, pages, and notebooks to sort & distinguish content
- Methods for finding content in our OneNote notebooks:
- Building out an information architecture & organizational system (#TeamMike)
- Using search to find content across our notebooks (#TeamSarah)
- Trends we see:
- Each of us have 15-20 work notebooks we access regularly
- We all have different methodologies for creating and storing shared OneNote notebooks
- We regularly see users bypass email retention limits by saving emails to OneNote
- We use OneNote differently at home than at work…
Have a Microsoft 365 question? Submit it online! Your question may be featured in a future podcast episode.